P&H Volan 158
Demo Boat Available. Please note these boats are custom made to order. If we have any stock boats can be found by visiting the “Kayak Showroom” page of our webshop.
What do SKO think?
It’s an excellent boat for smaller paddlers, offering a good balance between manoeuvrability and tracking. The hull shape makes it lively but forgiving suitable for novice and advanced paddlers alike. The 158 is Small/Medium size boat designed to bridge the gap between LV and MV sizing. Similar in fit to the Northshore Voyager 16.10
The Ultimate Lightweight, Highly Versatile Day/Weekend Sea Kayak
The Volan is built specifically for those who want to make the most of day and weekend trips; tracking straight when flat, but swinging round effortlessly when on edge or carving into a turn, the Volan has comfortable performance for both the journey and any play spots you find on the way. The short, 16’ length provides ample hull speed for most adventures, and helps keep weight to an absolute minimum for nimble performance and easy handling.
- Bow volume and rocker offers a dry ride through a variety of conditions and intentions.
- Deck peak at bow-shaped to shed water efficiently, preventing purling.
- Large Bow & Stern Hatches, plus a Day Hatch and optional Bow Mini Hatch.
- Carefully planned bow deck geometry provides stiffness and strength for deep water rescues.
- A low, ergonomically shaped rear deck allows easy rolling and reentry, with a paddle shaft recess for bracing during entry.
- Full Deck Lines & Elastics for versatile storage and rescue options.
Performance Kevlar/Diolen: 23kg
Expedition Diolen: 26kg
Lightweight Kevlar/Carbon Infusion: 18.5kg
Expedition Kevlar/Carbon Infusion: 22.5kg
Paddler Weight Range: 110kg