Odeo Distress Flare
The ODEO Distress Flare is the next generation of Electronic Visual Distress Signal Device. Its lightweight, safe performance means that it is incredibly useful for any outdoor activity. The smaller size makes the ODEO a perfect choice for sailing, kayaking, hiking, mountaineering and even diving with its 50m 1P69 rating.
Users wanted something smaller, more powerful, that lasted longer (now 9 hours with lithium AA cells) and with additional infra-red capability for night time search and rescue. The new design has all of this built in and as its ODEO, it comes with a simple to operate activation, built SOS signal and user replaceable batteries.
- LED colour: Red
- Detection range: Minimum 3 nautical miles; up to 6 nautical miles in ideal conditions
- Operating life: 9 hours at full illumination
- Operating temperature: -40°C to +60°C
- Weight (including batteries): 150g
- 4 x AAL91 Lithium batteries
- Battery: Recommend battery change every year
- NO HEAT, NO FLAMES, NO RISK
- No explosive compounds for shipping or disposal
- Longer operating life- now 9 hours 25% more than ODEO Mk3
- Supplied with lanyard
- Search and rescue aircraft safe
- Simple activation (with wet or gloved hands)
- Easy user battery change
- Now includes IR LED and NVG search and rescue
- SOS signal built in
What do SKO think? We are looking forward to testing this flare in the day time. Odeo have been a staple for kayakers for many years and this flare moves safety forwards another step.