P&H Volan 160
Demo Boat Available
Formally the Volan MV
Demo Boat Available. Please note these boats are custom made to order. If we have any stock boats can be found by visiting the “Kayak Showroom” page of our webshop.
Price shown includes Day Hatch but not optional Bow Mini Sweetie hatch shown in the pics.
What do SKO think?
A small boat with great handling that will really lift over lumps and behaves in really advanced wind conditions. This kayak has impressed us in terms of fit which in our eyes, is the most important thing. Our demo boat has taken people of a wide range of sizes out on the water and it was particularly suited to the lighter but taller person, imagine someone around 6ft 4 but weighs 70kg > 90kg. The Volan has been a great day boat and the manoeuvrability has resulted in a playful kayak that handles well whilst surfing or rockhopping. Due to its shorter length and rocker it is a bit ‘playful in the wind and needs an experinced head to get the best from it.
The Ultimate Lightweight, Highly Versatile Day/Weekend Sea Kayak
The Volan is built specifically for those who want to make the most of day and weekend trips; tracking straight when flat, but swinging round effortlessly when on edge or carving into a turn, the Volan has comfortable performance for both the journey and any play spots you find on the way. The short, 16’ length provides ample hull speed for most adventures, and helps keep weight to an absolute minimum for nimble performance and easy handling.
- Bow volume and rocker offers a dry ride through a variety of conditions and intentions.
- Deck peak at bow-shaped to shed water efficiently, preventing purling.
- Large Bow & Stern Hatches, plus a Day Hatch and optional Bow Mini Hatch.
- Carefully planned bow deck geometry provides stiffness and strength for deep water rescues.
- A low, ergonomically shaped rear deck allows easy rolling and reentry, with a paddle shaft recess for bracing during entry.
- Full Deck Lines & Elastics for versatile storage and rescue options.
Length: 489cm / 16’
Width: 58cm / 23”
Performance Kevlar/Diolen: 24kg / 53lb
Expedition Diolen: 26.5kg / 58.5lb
Lightweight Kevlar/Carbon Infusion: 18kg / 40lb
Expedition Kevlar/Carbon Infusion: 22kg / 49lb
Paddler Weight Range: 55 – 120kg / 121 – 265lbs