Reed Chillcheater Aquatherm Hood
Aquatherm fabric, heat retaining lightweight hood – Beat the ‘ice cream headache’ and ‘surfer’s ear’!
- Infinitely more comfortable than neoprene
- As used by the RNLI under their radio helmets
- Hood can be easily pushed back and worn as a warm neck cowl
- Long neck tube, less than 1mm thick – ideal for use under a helmet for lower face & neck protection
- Colour Black
- Aquatherm® fabric has been developed to enable wearers to remain warm and dry for sport or leisure, in a whole range of conditions. It is a lightweight fabric that offers great freedom of movement, far more so than with traditional, bulkier neoprene and woven garments.
- It is essential that the garment is working with the athlete, unlike earlier neoprene fabrics, where the athlete is more often working against the garment. Aquatherm is less than a millimetre thick and remains stable, flexible, strong and waterproof when fully flexed. Unlike neoprene, it has the added advantage of being watershedding and fast drying, so less temperature is lost from the wet outer shell through evaporation.